Digital Conversion Symposium - Fall 2016
Rochester, New York - November 9-10th, 2016
The East Irondequoit Central School District, University of Rochester - Warner School of Education, and Monroe #1 BOCES invite you to join us for our 2nd annual Digital Conversion symposium. Come and learn about digital conversion and the tremendous benefits it offers for classroom instruction. Over 180 educators from 47 school districts attended our last symposium, comprised of leaders, teachers and information technology staff. Click here to read their comments.
East Irondequoit is in the 4th year of its digital conversion and 2nd year of full device deployment (3400 iPads). We recently joined the American Association of School Administrators Digital Consortium and we have been accepted into the League of Innovative Schools. We've also begun work with the University of Rochester to launch a regional Digital Conversion Consortium.
This year the symposium will feature a leadership strand and instructional strand, as well as sessions for information technology staff. We're looking forward to sharing our latest news about our Microsoft Office 365 implementation, data dashboard tool (Tableau), mobile teacher computing initiative, our first digital textbook, and our first annual DigiFest!Digital Conversion Symposium will include:
- Breakfast (continental) and lunch each day
- Full day of classroom visits (all 6 schools)
- Full day of breakout sessions with topics tailored specifically around digital conversion and 1:1 implementation. Will include topics such as:
- Presentation tools across the curriculum
- Teacher preparation and professional development
- Transforming elementary instruction - teacher perspective of 1:1 in the classroom
- Metrics and measuring student growth
- Building level leadership in a 1:1 environment
- The benefits of using a Learning Management System
- Implementation leadership in a digital conversion
- Cool tools for teachers and administrators
- Student cyber-safety and awareness, and digital citizenship
- Technical logistics and management in a 1:1 environment
- Classroom management in a 1:1 environment
- Dinner and cocktail reception at ARTISANworks.
Enjoy a keynote address from Dr. Mark Edwards, former Superintendent of the Mooresville Graded School District in North Carolina, and chief architect of the digital conversion that has transformed that district. Dr. Edwards is the author of Every Child, Every Day, and the 2013 National Superintendent of the Year.
Cost is $295 per person (BOCES aidable).
Registration link: http://www.monroe.edu/pd/digitalconversion