East Irondequoit, New York - February 24-25, 2016
The East Irondequoit Central School District, University of Rochester - Warner School of Education, and Monroe #1 BOCES invite you to join us for a two-day Digital Conversion symposium. Bring your Board of Education members, administrators, teachers, and technical support staff to learn about the benefits of transitioning to a digital learning environment ... and what to expect when you begin this journey.
East Irondequoit is in the 3rd year of its 1:1 iPad implementation (K-12), and is now fully deployed with over three thousand iPads. There is much to share regarding the instructional, technical, and logistical challenges inherent with such a large scale mobile device deployment.
The 1:1 iPad implementation (K-12) in East Irondequoit is the cornerstone of its digital conversion initiative. Come and learn about digital conversion and the tremendous benefits it offers for classroom instruction. Enjoy a keynote address from Dr. Mark Edwards, Superintendent of the Mooresville Graded School District in North Carolina, and chief architect of the digital conversion that has transformed that district. Dr. Edwards is the author of Every Child, Every Day, and the 2013 National Superintendent of the Year.
Digital Conversion Symposium will include:
- Breakfast (continental) and lunch each day
- Full day of classroom visits (all 6 schools)
- Full day of breakout sessions with topics tailored specifically around digital conversion and 1:1 implementation.
Will include topics such as:
- Teacher preparation and professional development
- Transforming elementary instruction - teacher perspective of 1:1 in the classroom
- Digital conversion: Metrics and measuring student growth
- Leadership at the building level in a 1:1 environment
- The benefits of using a Learning Management System
- Digital conversion: Implementation leadership
- Cool tools for teachers
- Student cyber-safety and awareness, and digital citizenship
- Technical logistics and management in a 1:1 environment
- Cool tools for administrators
- Classroom management in a 1:1 environment
Registration link: http://www.monroe.edu/pd/digitalconversion